Saturday, September 8, 2012

Just my Luck


So here are a few things that happen to me and can only happen to a person like me in Tours.
  • One: buying an umbrella and as soon as I get out of the store it stops raining.
  • Two: buying a pack of cigarettes to pen out my anger and realizing after that I am only left with 2 euros for the rest of the week.
  •  Three: meeting an awesome French guy and the last night I am in town he says he’s too lazy to get out of his pjs and come to the bar.
  • Four: made quite an impression on my host family as I walk on the street with my roommate holding a bottle of wine each trying to get drunk as fast as we can and of course our host parents decided to walk on the same street at the same time we did.
  • Five: paying 22 euros just so I can transfer my photos from my camera to my my laptop so I can make my blog, instead of actually listening to my parents and brought with me the big ass device that transfers the photos to the computer
  • Six: buying a snow coat at the beraderie (something like black Friday sale) without actually knowing it’s a snow coat and finding out that it never snows in Paris. ( I have to go somewhere where it snows so I wouldn't feel like an idiot for buying the coat)
  • Seven: eating a green soup that looks and tastes like moss for dinner 2 days in a row
  • Eight: eating pigs intestine and having to eat my roommate’s share too because we didn't want to make our host mom feel sad that we didn't like it. (my poor stomach was in pain for the next few hours) 
  • Nine: dressing warmly for Paris and finding out that it’s one of those really hot weekends there
  • Ten: Finally having to walk around for 4 hours in Paris trying to find a machine for my metro pass that accepts American credit cards.

 But in all fairness best times of my life I am living right now in France. Vivre La France!

No comments:

Post a Comment